Original Announcement of the Round Four (2016) Competition
January 20, 2016. The Trans-Atlantic Platform today announced that it will be launching its first international funding opportunity: the T-AP Digging into Data Challenge.
The T-AP Digging into Data Challenge will launch in March 2016. The Challenge will support research projects that explore and apply new “big data” sources and methodologies to address questions in the social sciences and humanities.
The funding opportunity is open to projects that address any research question in humanities and/or social sciences disciplines by using new, large-scale, digital data analysis techniques. All projects must show how these techniques can lead to new theoretical insights. Proposed projects can use any data source.
The Trans-Atlantic Platform (T-AP) is an unprecedented collaboration between key humanities and social science funders and facilitators from South America, North America and Europe.
T-AP aims to enhance the ability of funders, research organizations and researchers to engage in transnational dialogue and collaboration. Among other activities, it works to identify common challenges and emerging priorities in social science and humanities research. T-AP also facilitates the formation of networks within the social sciences and humanities and helps connect them with other disciplines.
About the Digging into Data Challenge
The Digging into Data Challenge has been funding cutting-edge digital research in the humanities and social sciences since 2009. Now under the auspices of T-AP, the program will support collaborative research teams from three continents: Europe (Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Portugal (to be confirmed) and the United Kingdom); North America (Canada, Mexico, the United States); and South America (Brazil and Argentina).
Original Press Releases
Press releases announcing kickoff of Round Four:
Round Four Conference
At the end of each round of funding, the grantees gather to present their work. The Round Four conference will be held sometime in 2019.
- AHRC (UK) Press Release, March 11, 2016. "The Trans-Atlantic Platform launches fourth Digging into Data Challenge"
- FAPESP (Brazil) Press Release, March 11, 2016. "FAPESP opens call with the Trans-Atlantic Platform"
- FAPESP (Brazil) Press Release, March 11, 2016. "FAPESP abre chamada com a Trans-Atlantic Platform"
- CONACYT (Mexico) Press Release, March 10, 2016. "La Plataforma Transatlántica de Ciencias Sociales y Humanidades T-AP lanza la cuarta convocatoria para el reto Digging into Data"
- NSF (US) Dear Colleague Letter, March 4, 2016. "Dear Colleague Letter: NSF/SBE Partnering in Round 4 of the Digging into Data Challenge"
- ESRC (UK) Press Release, March 4, 2016. "Trans-Atlantic Platform: Digging into Data Challenge"
- IMLS (US) Press Release, March 3, 2016. "Fourth Digging into Data Challenge Launches with Expanded International Funding and Opportunities"
- NEH (US) Press Release, March 3, 2016. "The Trans-Atlantic Platform Launches Fourth Digging Into Data Challenge"
- DFG (Germany) Press Release, March 1, 2016. "Trans-Atlantic Platform launches Digging into Data Challenge"
- FRQ (Canada) Press Release, March 1, 2016. "La Plateforme Transatlantique Lance Le Quatrième Concours Au Cœur Des Données Numériques"
- MINCyT (Argentina) Press Release, March 1, 2016. "Convocatoria transatlántica para Ciencias Sociales y TIC"
- SSHRC (Canada) Press Release (English), March 1, 2016. "The Trans-Atlantic Platform Launches Fourth Digging into Data Challenge"
- SSHRC (Canada) Press Release (French), March 1, 2016. "La Plateforme transatlantique lance le quatrième concours de subventions de l'initiative Au coeur des données numériques"